The Department of Respiratory Medicine and Tuberculosis at Sharda Hospital was established more than a decade ago to deal with diseases affecting the lungs and respiratory system. It is fully equipped with world class facilities which include an indoor and outdoor respiratory intensive emergency care unit par excellence. With an excellent pool of doctors, a vast number of respiratory diseases are managed and treated every day. To ensure complete and round the clock patient care, the department is equipped with all the necessary latest equipment and facilities including Bronchoscopy with Biopsy, Intercostal Tube Drainage, Complete Spirometry including Diffusion, Sleep Study, pleural Biopsy and CT Guided Procedures.
The laboratory is also fully equipped for all investigations including culture and drug sensitivity for mycobacterium under RNTCP and DOTS. Besides this, there is also a fully equipped histology to assist in the diagnosis of the disease.
The Department of Respiratory Medicine and Tuberculosis strives to be the best in the country by ensuring the availability of proper treatment. To ensure this, the department is involved in active research, academic updation, and equipment upgradation from time to time.
- PFT Including Diffusion
- Sleep Study
- Ultrasound and CT Guided Biopsy
- 24X7 Emergency Care
- Outdoor Patient Care
- Indoor Patient Care- 30 well equipped beds
- Fully Functional Level 1 Sleep Laboratory
- Spacious OPD Block with air conditioning facility
- Fully functional library with over 500 books and journals
- Pulmonary Rehabilitation Room
- DOTS Center
- Facility for intercostal drainage, biopsies
- The department has organized various CME and awareness programs related to problems of the respiratory system like COPD and Asthma. A TB day Awareness Program is held every year to disseminate information about the deadly disease.
- In July 2007, MCI, P.G. inspection was held to full satisfaction for the introduction of MD in Respiratory Medicine.
- Our HOD Dr. S. N. Gaur is Secretary of National College of Chest Physicians India and Editor in chief of Indian Journal of Allergy, Asthma and Immunology
- Center of excellence for teaching, research and patient care with state of the art equipments and facilities.
- A Level 1 sleep lab that is fully functional
- Complete Pulmonary Function Tests including Diffusion
- Treatment of Drug Resistant tuberculosis through DOTS Center
- Bronchoscope (flexible)
- Complete PFT including DLCO (Diffusion)
- PSG (Sleep Study)
- BIPAP – 5
- Ventilators – 5
- Syringe pumps