Dr. B.P. Baruah
Professor, Department of Radio-Diagnosis
2.5 out of 5
Patient Satisfaction Ratings
|Department||Department of Radio-Diagnosis|
|Languange||English ,German ,Hindi|
Dr. B.P. Baruah is a well-known Professor at Sharda Hospital. He joined as Professor Radiology (SMS&R) in the year 2013 and is continuing the same. Obtained his MBBS degree from Assam Medical College, Dibrugarh in 1974, he further continued his M.D Radio-diagnosis from AIIMS, New Delhi. Dr. Baruah also has MNAR Neuro-cardiac Radiology from Rikshospitalet, Oslo, Norway. Due to his excellence in the field of Radio-diagnosis, he was also appointed as an advisor of Radio-diagnosis, Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, Govt. of India. Besides, he has also been an external examiner at Calcutta University, Jodhpur University, Guwahati University, Dibrugarh University.
|M.D. (Radio-Diagnosis, All India Institute Of Medical Sciences, New Delhi)||1978|
|M.D. (Radio-Diagnosis, All India Institute Of Medical Sciences, New Delhi)||1974|
|Experience||Number of Years|
|Professor(School of Medical Sciences & Research,Sharda Univ)||4 yr 10 months|
|Consultant & HOD(Dr. Ram Manohar Lohia Hospital, New Delhi)||7 yrs|
|Senior Specialist Radiologist( Ministry of Health, Dr. Ram Manohar lohia Hospital)||8.5|
|Specialist Radiologist (Ministry of Health, Sultanate of Oman)||6 yrs|
|Specialist Radiologist(National Hospital, Oslo, Norway)||2 yrs|
|Specialist Radiology (C.G.H.S, Safdarjung Hospital)||3 yrs|
|Total Experience||39 yrs|
- Dr. Panna Lal Oration Award, UP Radiological Association: 1991
- Distinguished Medical Teacher Award. 1992.
- Swami Vivekananda memorial Oration Award for Diagnostic Research 1992 - 93.
- Ganesh Shankar Vidvarthi Award. 1993 for outstanding Academic Achievements.
- Brig. (Dr.) Majumdar Oration Award. 1994.
- Sir J.C. Bose Oration Award 1996, Highest Award of Indian Radiological & Imaging Association.
- Prithvi Nath Bhargava Memorial National Award 1996 for outstanding Achievement in Medical Sciences.
- Distinguished Faculty Award by Karnataka State Branch of Indian Radiological & Imaging Association (1995-96).
- GEMS International Award (1993)
- Felicitation & President Appreciation Award by Gem Association, Delhi- 1995.
- Felicitation for outstanding achievement in Radiology by Aligarh Muslim University Old Boys Association, 1993.
- Felicitation for outstanding achievement in Medical Sciences by Aligarh Medicos Association, 1995.
- Distinguished Honour by Delhi Medical Association on 1st July 1994 on
- Doctor\'s Day (B.C. Roy Memorial Day) for writing Book in Hindi; Cancer Ke Tathya.
- Distinguished Youth Person; by Aligarh Sun Jaycee on 15th Sept. 1984.
- Rotary Club Aligarh (Rotary International Research Award 1986-87).
- Maulik Hindi Pushtak Puraskar on His Book & Cancer Ke Tathya; in Hindi Carries a cash Award of Rs. 15000/- & Prashsti Patra, 1997 by Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, Govt of India.
- Vishisht Chikitsha Medal 1998, by Association of college of Chest Physician of India.
- Man of the Year. 1997 & 1998 - by American Bio- Graphical Institute, USA in Recognition of contribution and publication & writing books in Hindi & English.
- Member advisory committee of American Biographical Research institute, USA.
- Dr. B.C. Roy Award,Govt. of NCT Delhi 1998.
- Shakuntla Devi Oration award by Indian Medical Association, UP State branch. 2001
- GTB Srishtee Award by GTB Times, Dilshad Garden, 2002.
- Bharat Jyoti Award, by India International friendship society, 2003
- SAARC Society of Radiologist APPRECIATION AWARD, 2005
- International Health Professional of the Year, 2007 by International Biographical Center, Cambridge, England
- Distinguished Service Award-2013-2014 by Delhi State Chapter of Indian Radiological and Imaging Association.
- Member of Indian Medical Association
- Member of Indian Association of Radiological Protection
- Member of Indian National Academy of Medical Sciences (MNAMS)
- Member of Indian Radiological & Imaging Association
- Member Indian College of Chest Physician
- Member, Ultrasound Society of India
- Member of European Society of Radiology(ESR)