Being one of the leading medical centers in the region, the Department of Radiology provides comprehensive imaging services in support of the clinical practices of the Medical Centre and has strengths for advanced diagnosis with the best of equipment.
The department has technologically advanced, state-of-the-art medical equipment in an endeavor to provide the best diagnostic output. The department consists of highly qualified and skilled team of radiologists and technicians who are dedicated to providing 24X7 patient care. The department is also actively involved in pushing boundaries in the world of radiology and imaging through various research activities.
In sync with the vision of the team leads, the department has grown by leaps and bounds in the last few years and has undergone an influx of new equipment and technology. The infrastructure has also been improvised to provide a more congenial atmosphere to the patients with spacious waiting areas with all necessary amenities including water dispensers and televisions. In the coming years, we look forward to continuously upgrade keeping abreast of the development of technology and need of the patients.
The Department of Radiology in Sharda Hospital is a sprawling area on the most accessible 'A' Block of the ground floor of the hospital, in close proximity to the emergency department. This ensures utmost efficiency and timely patient care. The department caters to a good number of inpatients and outpatients round the clock on a day to day basis.
While committed to excellence in patient care and service, we also are committed to our core academic missions of education and research. Thus, the faculty members are avidly involved in the research work; hence many prospective studies are on in the department at any point of time with the publication of case reports and original articles every year.
As per the MCI norms, the faculty members are involved in classroom teaching of the final year MBBS students. Also, the MBBS students are posted in the department in batches in order to learn the basic principles of Radiology which enables them to understand the diagnostic workup required in a variety of pathological conditions.
The department also runs a training course named Bachelor of Medical Imaging Technology (BMIT), its eligibility being a good score in class XII examinations.
Furthermore, the department is all set to start Post Graduate program in Radiology as per the MCI regulations. Thus, we continually strive to improve our patient services, academic programs, and research.
- Barium studies (Barium swallow, meal, follow through, enema)
- Intravenous Urography
- Retrograde Urography
- Micturating Cystourethrography
- Sinograms and Fistulogram
- Conventional Radiography with CR system along with portable machines.
- Non- vascular interventional procedures including CT guided and USG guided procedures like pigtail catheter drainage, biopsies and FNACs, Percutaneous Transhepatic Biliary Drainage (PTBD).
- Vascular Interventions like peripheral vascular Angioplasties, embolizations, dialysis patient management, Sclerotherapies and Laser ablations for venous malformations and varicosities.
Elastography for liver
Dexa Scans for Bone density measurements
General X-rays: Plain films include X rays of chest, abdomen, spine, extremities, pelvis, skull and face.
- All routine ultra sonograms including that of Abdomen, Pelvis, Kidney-Ureter-Bladder (KUB), Neck, Chest and Obstetric scans.
- Small Parts like Thyroid, Breast, Scrotum, eye, and Swellings
- Musculoskeletal like for Shoulder, Knee, Elbow, Wrist, Hip, Ankle
- Level II scans for congenital anomalies in the fetus
- Transvaginal gynae and obstetric scans
- Transrectal scans
- USG guided drainage procedures
- USG guided FNACs and Biopsies
- Extremities- Arterial and venous
- Antenatal Doppler
- Carotid Doppler
- Angiography- Coronary, Pulmonary, Renal, Peripheral, Cerebral
- CT guided procedures like FNACs and Biopsies.
- Plain and contrast scans for Head, Orbit, Paranasal sinuses, Face, Abdomen, Pelvis, Kidney-Ureter-Bladder (KUB), Neck, Chest, Spine, Temporal Bone.
- MR Spectroscopy
- Angiographies and Venography
- Plain and Contrast studies for Brain, Orbit, Pituitary, Temporomandibular joint, Abdomen, Chest, Brachial Plexus, Fistulogram, Extremities, KUB, , Spine, Cholangiopancreatography
- The department serves as a comprehensive radiological service provider with all the facilities under one roof.
- It functions 24X7 catering emergencies and routine examinations alike.
- Radiology department holds regular CMEs and inter and intradepartmental academic sessions.
- The department has qualified PG teachers
- Digital Radiography
- Fluoroscopy with Image Intensifier system
- High end Ultrasonography machines equipped with Color Doppler and newest techniques like Elastography also catering for portable scans.
- 128 slice CT Scanner
- 3 Tesla MRI Scanner
- Digital Mammography
- Bone Densitometry
- Picture Archiving and Communication System (PACS)
- Catheterization Laboratory