The Department of Respiratory Medicine and Tuberculosis at Sharda Hospital is an unparalleled model of perfection with excellence in treating conditions of lungs and respiratory system. The department is fully equipped with world class facilities which include an indoor and outdoor respiratory intensive emergency care unit par excellence.
In addition, the department is also furnished with the latest equipment to perform procedures including Intercostal Tube Drainage, Bronchoscopy with Biopsy, Spirometry, Sleep Study, Diffusion, Pleural Biopsy and CT.
With an excellent pool of doctors and empathetic medical staff, the department ensures complete and round the clock patient care. From the start of the treatment till the end, the healthcare professionals ensure that instances of respiratory disorders are significantly reduced.
- PFT Including Diffusion
- Sleep Study
- Ultrasound and CT Guided Biopsy
- 24X7 Emergency Care
- Outdoor Patient Care
- Indoor Patient Care- 30 well equipped beds
- Fully Functional Level 1 Sleep Laboratory
- Spacious OPD Block with air conditioning facility
- Fully functional library with over 500 books and journals
- Pulmonary Rehabilitation Room
- DOTS Center
- Facility for intercostal drainage, biopsies
- Facility for Pleural Biopsics,Lungs Biopsies TBNA
- The department has organized various CME and awareness programs related to problems of the respiratory system like COPD and Asthma. A TB day Awareness Program is held every year to disseminate information about the deadly disease.
- In July 2017, MCI, P.G. inspection was held to full satisfaction for the introduction of MD in Respiratory Medicine.
- Our HOD Dr. S. N. Gaur is Secretary of National College of Chest Physicians India and Editor in chief of Indian Journal of Allergy, Asthma and Immunology
- Center of excellence for teaching, research and patient care with state of the art equipments and facilities.
- A Level 1 sleep lab that is fully functional
- Complete Pulmonary Function Tests including Diffusion
- Treatment of Drug Resistant tuberculosis through DOTS Center
- Bronchoscope (flexible)
- Complete PFT including DLCO (Diffusion)
- PSG (Sleep Study)
- BIPAP – 5
- Ventilators – 5
- Syringe pumps